Friday, September 2, 2016

Finally! On our way!

We got on our way in good time.  Our first stop was lunch in Portland with our traveling companions, John and Peggy.  Somewhere along the way, I started to feel yucky. Luckily, an urgent care was 10 minutes away from the restaurant AND it is in my healthcare system (which I have until the end of Sept.). So after lunch I went to Mercy Hospital’s urgent care, was tested, examined, and prescribed medication for a UTI.  Seven minutes away I picked up the prescription.  In total, only a 1 1/2-hour delay and we were back on the road.  Amazing.  This was an awesome experience…everyone was very professional and caring.

It was dusk when we reached Harold Parker State Forest in Andover, Mass. where we’ll have a sibling get-together before heading away from New England. The lots are spacious and quiet with water at each site.


Bill and I haven’t quite gotten used to the idea that we are no longer employed! But we’ll adjust, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment